Help To Translate The Mei Please

Erwin

Dear all,

Can anybody help me to translate this signature in the Nakago of an old Wakizashi which has been offered to me.

Unfortunately this is the only picture I have right now and hope it is clear enough for your assessment

Your help is much appreciated so thank you in advance and with best regards

Erwin

post-4144-0-78019300-1500970406_thumb.jpg

Erwin,

it is not only the condition of the NAKAGO but also the photos that makes reading the MEI so difficult. Ask the owner of the blade to brush the NAKAGO gently with his wife's toothbrush and let him shoot some well focused photos from above with light from the side. Deciphering the MEI will be probably easier then.

The age can be related sometimes if the maker is clear, but to help we should have more data of the blade and a lot of clear photos of every detail. And in terms of quality, age is not important. 

Hi Jean,

You are correct, new and better pictures are needed to tell something meaningful on this.

It was a long shot but thought I would ask anyway.

Thank you for looking at this and have a great day.

Erwin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..