42 replies to this topic

#31 goose710

goose710

Jo Saku

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

Oh lordie!   I'm doomed!  That is sweet!

Charles G

• SwordGuyJoe likes this
Charles L.

#32 SwordGuyJoe

SwordGuyJoe

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 2,887 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:24 PM

Hard to imagine the best of Joe's ICAASS lot has not found a buyer.
I am in the same boat as Sean and Antii with money tied up. Plus already had a very smooth transaction with Joe himself. With him you have everything you are looking for to buy with confidence, deliver good value and in timely and professional manner, just like what I received from him. And you get some cream on top because he is a dedicated collector and highly recommended one who gladly shares his knowledge with everyone, including people just coming into nihonto. Kudos to Joe.
Robert

Thanks Robert for the kind words. I'm glad the transaction worked out and happy to help.

#33 SwordGuyJoe

SwordGuyJoe

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

Oh lordie!   I'm doomed!  That is sweet!
Charles G

Lol - I'm glad you like it.

#34 Vermithrax16

Vermithrax16

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBoston Metro North

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:27 AM

I really need to stop looking at this listing. 

Jeremiah L.

"I wonder if we're being drawn into an ambush. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. We have to do this. We've already bought tickets for the last dance. And it's going to be a real gala event."  - Robopocalypse 

#35 Stephen

Stephen

Oyabun

• Members
  • 9,516 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:41 AM

Go for it Jeremiah, when your my age it will go juyo and be ubu, what a hand me down!!!

• Vermithrax16 likes this

Stephen C.

USMC      DEC 63      APR 73

"Nothing Fxcks you harder than time"

Sir  Davos Seaworth

#36 SwordGuyJoe

SwordGuyJoe

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:03 AM

No need to stop. Enjoy and talk yourself into buying!
  • Vermithrax16 likes this

#37 SwordGuyJoe

SwordGuyJoe

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

Bump

#38 Vermithrax16

Vermithrax16

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:49 PM

Was looking at examples of this smith tonight. Really loving the no bo-hi on this one. This is a steal. 

• SwordGuyJoe likes this

Jeremiah L.

"I wonder if we're being drawn into an ambush. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. We have to do this. We've already bought tickets for the last dance. And it's going to be a real gala event."  - Robopocalypse 

#39 hxv

hxv

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • LocationHuntington Beach, CA, USA

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:16 AM

I work for a startup in a business incubator.  The bank is on the first floor and we are one the 2nd floor, physically right on top of the bank.  May be I can find a way down ...

Hoanh

#40 SwordGuyJoe

SwordGuyJoe

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:50 AM

You're a very smart man Hoanh. I'm sure you'll find a way!

I did want to comment further on something I've observed. There has been numerous $10k+ gendaito swords listed around the web, mainly in Japan, but a couple on American sites as well. I encourage anyone who is interested, to look at those swords vs. this one (I have ;-) ). Compare the jigane, the hamon, and the length. I will give a nod that the swords on the web are longer - though most shinsakuto are as a norm longer than gendaito, but then weigh the fact that this is dedicated to a very important day in Japanese military history. At worst I'd call it a draw between length and historical importance and more realistically, even with the more typical war time length, this sword is far more collectible than a longer showa or heisei swords.

Then take into consideration, if needed, stages payments, a donation to the board - which is the norm on my sales, and the fact that it is coming with a completely open book. I am sharing exactly what I purchased the blade for and only asking to break even. This is a sword that could happily sit in my collection for the next 20 years, but I believe there is someone out there that will appreciate it more than I have. So to that person, I feel it is more valuable, than it is to me.

Anyhow. I'll shut up and if anyone is interested, please contact me. If you need references, I will proved a laundry list of happy collectors that have purchased my swords. Brian, if willing, can also attest that, while some folks (the minority), say that they'll donate, but do not, I always come through on my promise to help support this excellent forum.

#41 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,637 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:29 AM

Anyhow. I'll shut up and if anyone is interested, please contact me. If you need references, I will proved a laundry list of happy collectors that have purchased my swords. Brian, if willing, can also attest that, while some folks (the minority), say that they'll donate, but do not, I always come through on my promise to help support this excellent forum.

Understatement of the year. :)

• SwordGuyJoe likes this

- Admin -

#42 SwordGuyJoe

SwordGuyJoe

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:46 PM

Bump - $9,000 and I'll pay domestic US shipping.
  • ying and Vermithrax16 like this

#43 Vermithrax16

Vermithrax16

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted Today, 02:33 AM

Bump - $9,000 and I'll pay domestic US shipping.

youre-killin-me-smalls-1.jpg

Jeremiah L.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq