Kanenobu

Cuirassier

Hi all

Someone has offered me what looks, in some regards to be a gendaito gunto. But it has been messed around with.

Also, whenever I have come across 4 character signatures, these have tended to be late war model Showato, oddly / sometimes without any acceptance / arsenal stamp.

Anyway, the mei;

I believe this is a badly written / inscribed (unknown) Kane Nobu saku (not the famous Kanenobu), but I can not fathom the first character. For me the 3rd character is so badly done, it could be "Sa", but after much reflection I think not.

Can anyone help with this terrible "hand writting"?

:)

Mark

post-799-0-90615500-1500717730_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-64185600-1500717752_thumb.jpg

Hello Jean

Thank you. I can not provide what you ask as I do not have the sword; it is being offered to me.

I have it down as a late war gunto, without an arsenal / acceptance mark, and with a badly done signature.

I can only turn the images up on their ends.

1st, 2nd and 3rd characters

post-799-0-55398300-1500730414_thumb.jpg

2nd, 3rd and 4th characters

post-799-0-28802200-1500736612_thumb.jpg

Regards

Mark

Hello Matt

I think that you are bang on, thank you. I now have another photo from the guy and there is a post 1926 pre 1941 showa stamp just visible through the pitting, which basically is the final nail in the coffin regarding any interest from me. The only "interesting" thing about this sword (apart from it being a composite made up of various army and navy bits) is the first character "Sa" is missing. It is not as well done as other Kanesumi mei's.

Again, thanks

Mark

post-799-0-97557300-1500789409_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..