Kashu Ju Fujiwara Nagatsugu O-Wakizashi In Type 98 Mounts

Death-Ace

Hi guys! Ive studied as much as I needed on this one and have found a new one to study and is time to pass it on.

This is a Kashu Nagatsugu blade I bought from a well known dealer in January. The Nagasa is 22 3/4" with a 5" nakago (two mekugi-ana) that is signed "Kashu ju Fujiwara Nagatsugu. The blade is shinogi-zukuri in shape.

The hamon is noted to be a toran that transitions into a ko-midare in the last three inches of the blade. The boshi is midare-ba. It hugs near the edge at approx 1mm but is near symmetrical on both sides. There is a darker shade above the hamon that appears to be utsuri.

The hada is noted to be itame. There is noted coarse hada and a small area of shinae on the its side near the habaki. By design, it appears Kashu blades were noted for thin kawagane but made for great cutting blades.

There are a small number of microchips, with one in the center of the blade and a small, almost unnoticeable nick in the center of the blade. Unfortunately, the hamachi has a small chip from what appears to be someone's attempt to take off the habaki with a hammer.

The koshirae is a standard type 98 but with a high quality saya that was repaired by the museum that held it awhile back. They are in great condition but with a habaki that appears to have been hammered on or off at one point in time.

I am selling this for what I have in it plus shipping, but will eat the PayPal fees! She is a great blade that will survive another polish if need be, but looks great even with the current pre-1945 polish it is in.

Pictures at links in the bottom.

$800.00 plus shipping!

http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/22987-kashu-ju-fujiwara-nagatsugu-o-wakizashi-in-type-98-mounts-revisited/?do=findComment&comment=233125

ReportV6379462088104 (1).pdf

Archived