Silver Sword Bag - Revisit

On 28th May 2017 in topic:

http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/22644-silver-sword-bag/

Jay wrote:

===================================================

This came out excellent. The fabric I ordered looks even better in person than it did online lol!

I still have about 150cm left of this silk for anyone who wants a bag out of it.

===================================================

I loved the look of the fabric and took Jay up on his offer to make a bag out of the remnant.  It arrived a couple days ago and I'm delighted with it.  The silver/grey colour might be gauche to some, but for some odd reason ("taste"??) it really appealed to me.  My wife is a a sewer, having made her wedding dress and clothes for the kids over the years, and she gave Jay's work the thumbs up.  I particularly had in mind the shingunto koshirae that housed my nidai Hizen Tadahiro katana.  In fact, the bag looks so good I almost want to preserve it inside another bag!!!!

Great transaction and another joy of NMB fellowship.

BaZZa.

post-671-0-30657700-1499493686_thumb.jpg

post-671-0-59395900-1499493726_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ah so!!  My wife answered to sewer (as in needle and thread) but not sewer (as in the Cloaca Maxima under Rome). Her other preferred term was seamstress, but emphatically denied the term needle-worker.  I dunno why...  I sometimes know better than to probe further...

Thanks Ken, I'll have to watch my contexts more closely.

BaZZa.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..