Sadashige Date Inscription

Ron STL

The ura (date side) of this sword by Sadashige has an additional inscription which I can not figure out. The date is the year 2600 (1939 or 1940) what else has been put on this nakago??? I recognize a few kanji but can not put them together. Not a very good rubbing but all I have on hand. A friend brought this over on Saturday asking for help translating the mei, etc., but I wasn't much help in this case. Thanks! Ron

post-1311-0-60017000-1499192706_thumb.jpg

post-1311-0-25973900-1499192733_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tom, everyone, for solving this puzzle. I wondered if the one inscription might be a specially forged one, but couldn't home in on that. My local friend was visiting friends several states west and was able to examine this sword and two other lesser ones owned by a friend. The swords have been stuck away in a closet and never looked at before. My friend wants to buy at least the Sadashige but we all know how this can go (back into the closet). I do hope it gets rescued and taken care of but right now it is a waiting game. I'll pass on your interest, Stephen.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..