The Gathering 2 - Berlin

This year the samurai armour forum held their first Gathering. It was a huge success. I'm very happy to announce that the Gathering 2 has now been confirmed and will be held in Berlin, Germany at the excellent Samurai Arts Museum. The museum holds a massive collection of arms and armour, they even have a national treasure sword, it is without a doubt the leading samurai museum in the west.

The theme for the Gathering 2 is the dawn of the edo period and will focus on the transition of arms and armour from the age of war, to the age of peace. 

You will be able to attend the talks in person, or view via a Live-Stream subscription.

Dates, speakers hotel information to follow.

34805239333_db6e351eaa_c.jpg

• Like 4

We now have a confirmed date.

5th May 2018

Entrance fee is £20.00 / pay per view live stream is only £5.00 if you cannot attend in person.

Currently we have pre-allocations of 30 places. There will be only 40 places for the amazing event.
If you would like to attend please put your name down and I can contact you later in the year with a ticket offer.

We have five speakers, these include

Ian Bottomley and Ian Chapman

• 1 month later...

We would like to participate as a delegation of NBTHK Italian Branch and we would probably be at least 3 people.

As the places are limited I look forward to know how many places have remained free to date, so to organize ourselves accordingly.

Many thanks

For contact and communications:

nbthk.italianbranch@gmail.com

• Like 1

35322645790_3a90b2be6c_c.jpg

Peter Janssen is a remarkable and generous man. He has subsidised the museum venue now so that everyone will find it affordable.
The Samurai Arts Museum is without a doubt becoming the European home for the arts we love.

The entry fee to the Gathering 2 is now only 10 euro per person.
I will be opening up the ticket sales next month. From what I have seen there will be enough places for everyone who has put their name forward.

The first Gathering was the best nihonto & katchu event that I've even attended, the Gathering 2 is set to better this.
We have some great speakers and interactive talks lined up.

Not to be missed! 

I'd like to attend

Will tickets be allocated as per reply or first come first served when tickets become available?

I will contact all the people that have said they are interested in this forum, facebook and the samurai armour forum. 

The venue can hold a lot of people. I would like to cap it at 40 attendees. 

• 5 months later...

Tickets will open for this fantastic event this Wednesday. If you would like to guarantee your place we have a pre-registration list on the forum. Anyone putting their name down will be given priority.
The event has been generously subsidised to only €10 euro by the museum's owner Mr Janssen. The Gathering 2 is the leading samurai arms & armour symposium in the west, you really don't want to miss this...

27368894_10155116791562190_3093736593731

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..