Keith Austin show in Nippon

sketchy news, talked to Todd Price today and was told of a show in Nagano this April 20 to July 20 to honor the death of Keith's eleventh year passing. If you have better info than I please up date it as I will when I receive it. not sure of the swords to be shown but thought I give the members in Nippon a heads up.

update from Todd Nobutsugu Price

Dear Stephen the following are excerpts from emails sent to me regarding the exhibit of Keith Austin Nobu Hira from my Oyakata, Kawachi Kuni Hira. This is all info that I have at present. I have asked for permission to bring some of the works of my first teacher as to be included in this exhibit held in his honor. At present I only know that this exhibit is held with a permanent exhibit of Miya Iri Aki HIra(Sho Hei) and may not have much room for additional articles to be included. I will attend the opening of this exhibit in honor of the day of the 11th aniversary of my adopted Fathers passing. I will further information to you for posting should any one else wish to attend, as any more info is extended to me.

From April 19 to June 22 there is going to be a special exhibit titled " Aoi Hitomi no Miyairi Ichimon, Toko Keith Austin to Shuhen Ten". The rough translation is 'The student of Miyairi with blue eyes, Swordsmith Keith Austin and related exhibit'.

Among all of Miyairi students, Kawachi Sensei had the closest relationship with Keith Austin. Kawachi Sensei was asked to provide any information related to Keith Austin. For example, his date of birth, and other information that can provide an insight to what he accomplished once returning to the United States.

As for the location and dates of the special exhibit, they are as follows. The location is in the town of Sakajo - machi, in Nagano Prefecture. The exhibit will be held at "Tetsu no Tenjikan" a permenent exhibit of Miyairi Akihira (Shohei). The dates are from April 19th, Saturday to June 22nd Sunday.

I will keep you informed as I get more information from Kawachi Sensei.

I will ask permission to photograph this exhibit and to make available to all.

Sincerely, Todd Price Nobu Tsugu

I have two pix of him using his forge if anyone would like them please PM me.

stephen

Yo Oyabun-san,

Where the f... is Sanjo machi? Googliing this whole afternoon, but can't find the spot. Any tip on the venue is appreciated. BTW, was Nobuyoshi/Nobuhira good at it? Any of Keith's swords available for viewing on the net? Cherry blossom season is just around the corner, and it will be nice to pay a visit to Nagano.

All the best,

• 1 month later...

Thanks Brian

being a custodian of one of Nobuhira's tanto's for a few weeks left me with a deep appreciation of his work and following, I only wish one could click on the daito and make it larger as I have seen mainly tanto's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..