3 replies to this topic

#1 GeorgeIngraham

GeorgeIngraham

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNewport Washington USA

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

Pretty sure my settings are correct for getting immediate email notifications for topics I start and reply to, but not working...

Help ?

Attached Thumbnails

• notifications.jpg

#2 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,934 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:48 PM

If your registration email address is correct, then the only other option is that your isp is picking up the notification emails as spam, and binning them. Check your spam folder, or ask your isp to whitelist admin at nihontomessageboard.com.
Sometimes I find that email servers are just too strict with incoming emails, and trash ones that are needed.
Gmail and yahoo can be particularly sensitive with these emails.

• GeorgeIngraham likes this

- Admin -

#3 Pete Klein

Pete Klein

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

Brian.  Funny, I've never seen the term, 'binning' used before.  Makes sense though.

• b.hennick likes this

β€œIt's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.”
β€” Mark Twain

#4 GeorgeIngraham

GeorgeIngraham

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNewport Washington USA

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:27 AM

If your registration email address is correct, then the only other option is that your isp is picking up the notification emails as spam, and binning them. Check your spam folder, or ask your isp to whitelist admin at nihontomessageboard.com.
Sometimes I find that email servers are just too strict with incoming emails, and trash ones that are needed.
Gmail and yahoo can be particularly sensitive with these emails.

Not sure why or what happened , but am now suddenly getting notifications..  Can't explain it, but what the heck !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq