For Swordguy Joe

Wow! So I opened the full size pics and started from the kisaki. As I scrolled down, all I could think is, "please be sosho mei!" Had it been kaisho, I'd have had to have it. That is probably the best daisaku blade I've ever seen.

Thank you so much for sharing Jean!

• Like 1

In general, I prefer the Shigetsugu tanto.

I think a fair number of people here may not understand the appeal or worth of this sword.

Still, I think Shigetusu's value should climb a lot over the next decade or two. We are already seeing signs of it.

I stick to fittings and sold my Shigemasa, but it was a very beautiful blade. It would have been hard to capture the tight shifting sands jigane in most photography, but it was mildly hypnotic to me.

If not such a minimalist, I would have kept it.

Joe, congrats on the tanto that recently showed up. I'd love to see a display of your works from this line.

• Like 1

Hello:

Nice sword, not unreasonable starting price, the Toyama Mitsuru connection is an interesting add on for those interested in the social and economic context  of swords of that period, however because of increasing physical impairment those late swords are said to all be daisaku.

Arnold F.

• Like 4

Joe, congrats on the tanto that recently showed up. I'd love to see a display of your works from this line.

Thank Curran! It is a beautiful work.  Likely the next one I'll try to send for TH if my current efforts are rebuffed.  As far as seeing the collection, we'll make it happen at some point.  It has become quite respectable (especially since you sold me my tanto back ;-) )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..