• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationBoston Metro North

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

Resurrect older thread to say:

The struggle is real! Struggling right now!  :bang:

• Jean and raymondsinger like this

Jeremiah L.

"I wonder if we're being drawn into an ambush. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. We have to do this. We've already bought tickets for the last dance. And it's going to be a real gala event."  - Robopocalypse 

#32 Surfson

Surfson

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

I tried to contact Bob Hughes through his website but the email was not valid.  Is there a way to contact him?  Based on the rave reviews, I would like to get to know him.  Cheers, Bob

Robert S.

#33 Japan2112

Japan2112

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida USA

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

Here is what I have tended to do, after years of collecting. Discover my study interest (Gokaden, Bizen, Shinshinto, Tadayoshi school...Impressionist, Goya, or whatever...)and buy something that is representative and of the best quality I can afford. The smith, school, period, village... representation provides timeless opportunity for study and enjoyment. If I like what I've found in research, I will buy another, or something that compliments or contrasts the work .
In this way, a collection can become a just few pieces that really "talk" to you. As Ray points out, tastes change with appreciation - as in wines, so a collection may morph over time, but if you stay focused on quality you won't be so apt to "turnover" your purchase.

An interesting collection focus could be - students of the Soden Bizen masters - those of Kanemitsu, Nagayoshi, Motoshige. The collection could be as small as 3, but what a story.
  • paulb, Jean, BIG and 1 other like this

Mark C

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without."... Confucius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq