Meihin Katanaezu Shusei Translation

Thanks Guido, got that table of contents with the book. May be Markus will translate, don't know how many books are outside Japan,

( or here on the board ) so we can splitter costs. Anyone interested ?

Best Regards

From Grey's site:

"Meihin Katanaezu Shusei by Tanobe Michihiro.  1999.  Special cloth binding with bone clipped slipcase and storage box, 14 ½ x 20 ½”, 209 pages in Japanese.  Also included is a separate list of plates in English.  What can I say; everything about this book is extraordinary.  It is huge, spectacular, rare (printed in a limited edition of 600 and sold out before it was released), and beautiful.  Mr. Tanobe held an important position with the NBTHK and The National Sword Museum in Tokyo.  He did many of the full length oshigata that appeared as foldouts in “Token Bijutsu”.  Tanobe-sensei did exquisite oshigata and many of them are collected in this volume.

You get the oshigata and sharp black & white photos and more, all of the greatest swords ever made.  Everybody wants this book.

The corners of the outer half of the cardboard storage box have been bumped; condition of all else, the inner storage box, the slipcase, and the book is pristine, like new.  14 pounds, 10 ounces.  Was $900, now $825."

It is a great book. Although 209 pages there is actually not too much text as the images are huge. There were only 600 copies. I'm not sure how many went to non-Japanese. The potential pool is small. I would be interested in a translation if not too expensive. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..