5 replies to this topic

#1 tokashikibob

tokashikibob

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:58 AM

Hey fellas,

Did a search on NMB and read a bit on Okimono in general i.e. quality, fakes.   What do you seasoned vets think of this Myochin?   I can go look at it if I want to make a bit of a drive.   He's asking $600

Best regards,

Bob

Attached Thumbnails

• d.jpg
  • j.jpg
  • l.jpg
  • r.jpg
  • y.jpg

Bob

#2 jlawson

jlawson

Jo Saku

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:45 AM

seems like pretty thin pressed type metal. I think we have all seen the wonderful ones that have been produced that are super detailed etc. This one is on the lower end of the spectrum and likely priced at high retail in my opinion. My opinion is worth about.02 though. 

James Lawson

#3 Ken-Hawaii

Ken-Hawaii

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 2,363 posts
  • LocationKaneohe, Hawaii, USA

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:26 AM

Bob, for twice that much, you can have one made from pure silver: http://www.ebay.com/...E-/282436965740

Ken

#4 tokashikibob

tokashikibob

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:41 AM

Wow Ken!  that silver one is really cool!  I've never seen these at a nihonto show or the antique circuit.  But it seems like they  are available.

Bob

#5 Ken-Hawaii

Ken-Hawaii

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 2,363 posts
  • LocationKaneohe, Hawaii, USA

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:49 AM

We had a small collection of lobster okimono, including a wooden one that our granddaughter brought back from Fiji, but they must have looked a bit too real to our cats - it was not a pretty sight!

Ken

• Vermithrax16 likes this

#6 Shogun8

Shogun8

Jo Saku

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:57 PM

Hi Bob,

Late to the game here, but that lobster jizai is quite common and as James mentioned not of high quality. The price is in the range of what they usually go for. True Edo iron ones would require adding two more zeros.

John

John - Always learning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq