Garage Sale Tsuba - Could Use Some Information

mareo1912

Hey guys and nice evening,

got this tsuba from a neighborhood garage sale for little money. I have no concrete information about it, searched a bit and found one close to it on aoi, calling it out to Kinai echizen school. Has leftovers from a signature, i try to make it visible as good as possible.

Would be very nice to get some info about it, if possible also about the approximate worth for my collection insurance company.

Thank you very much in advance guys!

post-4084-0-04167900-1495478844_thumb.jpg

post-4084-0-61014500-1495478847_thumb.jpg

post-4084-0-31565500-1495478872_thumb.jpg

Marco,

it is difficult to give a value guess, as many points are related: workmanship, artistic design, size (matters), state of preservation (patina), quality, rareness a.s.o. Age is not a big point.

Of course you cannot judge the value with photos alone, but in the case of your new TSUBA, I don't think you need new locks on your door! 

• Like 1

I bet the majority of collectors in there early years bought a Echizen kinai tsuba

Nothing wrong with this and there are some very nice examples of this school

It's a bit like instant gratification where you see a good looking girl but then find out you need more than this to intrigue you

Maybe it's the start of a collection?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..