One Just Sent To Me....

Brian

possible?

KANEMITSU (包光), Shōwa (昭和, 1926-1989), Gifu – “Kanemitsu” (包光), real name Sawada Saburō (沢田三郎), born February 22nd 1908, he worked as guntō smith
KANEMITSU (包光), Shōwa (昭和, 1926-1989), Tōkyō – “Kanemitsu” (包光), student of Miyamoto Kanenori (宮本包則)

next one older

KANEMITSU (包光), Kansei (寛政, 1789-1801), Ōshū – “Ōshū Sendai-jū Tō´unshi Fujiwara Kanemitsu Kansei shichinen kunmei Sōshū-den kore o sei” (奥州仙台住騰雲子藤原包光寛政七年以君命相州伝製之, “made by Tō´unshi Fujiwara Kanemitsu from Sendai in Ōshū province in the seventh year of Kansei [1795] on orders of his lord in the Sōshū tradtitions”), “Tō´unshi Kanemitsu” (騰雲子包光), real name Abe Kōshichi (阿部幸七), he came originally from Hitachi province and it is said that he also worked in Edo, it is likely that there was a certain connection to Ōshū Kanetoshi (包寿) who also used the gō Tō´unshi (騰雲子)

• Like 1

Brian,

the YASURIME seems caryfully made, and the patina in the MEI does not look typical for WWII, as far as the photo allows an estimation. What about the execution of the NAKAGO in general? Good work or hastily made?

I only have limited pics. It's in good Gunto mounts. One hole. No signs of earlier mounting. Could be Shinshinto I guess, but I would have called Gendaito.

Odd that I can't find any Iga no Kami Kanemitsu. I'm just curious as the mounts are nice condition, but I don't get an early vibe from the nakago

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..