Unusual Translation Need!

Fellow Collectors,

I tried to contact The Japanese Sword Co. via Facebook Messenger (they don't list an email on their website) and got a response, but it was confusing, no doubt, due to translation issues.  I don't speak Japanese and their English speaker (maybe computer translation?) needs work!

I'm looking for someone who can take my request, written in English, and write it out in Japanese.  Then when they respond, translate their response back to English for me.

Just to let you know what I'm doing - Many of you are familiar with the mystery gunto often called a "Marine Landing Sword" or "Navy Landing Sword."  They are Toyokawa arsenal blades with Navy black canvas same' and black saya, but fitted with gold-gilded ARMY metal fittings.  Fuller & Gregory mentions these gunto and offer several ideas, but it is their opinion that they were post-war assemblies.  I recently got a tip from another forum member that he bought 4 of these from former G.I.s who said they bought them from The Japanese Sword Co. in Tokyo shortly after the war.  I wrote to the Company, asking if this were true, speculating that they were allowed to assemble non-regulation arrangements, thereby getting around the prohibition to sell war weapons, and the MacArthur regime permitted it to keep business and craftsmen going.  Their response was "It may not be a reason only business.  But your knowledge should be so important to announce."

That SOUNDS to me like they are acknowledging the fact (the first part seems to say that my reasoning for the sale is off?).  If true, this would be HUGE for those of us who collect war swords!  If anyone can help me with this, please respond here or via PM!  I would like to confirm their answer in Japanese and get a clarification - Did they assemble the parts, or were the gunto fully assembled already when they got them?  The latter would indicate that they were war-assembled for the war, the former would mean they are souvenirs made by surplus war parts.

Thanks in advance for your help!

post-3487-0-07824000-1494692053_thumb.jpg

post-3487-0-73388100-1494692062_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jay!

I thought I would just continue the conversation on Messenger, but in Japanese.  I'll get you my question below.  If you post the Japanese version, I'll copy and paste into Messenger.  When they reply, I'll bring it back here for you to translate back into English.  Here goes:

"Thank you for your answer.  We know of some gentlemen who bought swords like this from The Japanese Sword Company after the war. Is it possible to find out whether the Company, after the war, found the swords already assembled in this way,and sold them, or if they used surplus parts and had them assembled as souvenirs?  There are many collectors who truly appreciate Japanese swords, even the war swords, and would love to learn more about this particular style."

Please feel free to rearrange, or rephrase, as necessary for language or custom needs.  Again, THANK YOU!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..