Hayashi And Shoami Tsuba And A Mino Kashira

Higo-san

Dear fellow board members,

in order to avoid any confusion, I have summarized my For Sale stuff, included better pictures and added a charming Hayashi tsuba. All Prices include small donations to the NMB and PayPal fees. Shipping is extra but will only be around USD 10,00 to USD 19,00 depending on your exact location.

1) Hayashi Tsuba

Very beautiful Higo tsuba showing pine trees in the mist and two karigane. This tsuba comes without papers but Mr Ito (the author of the three famous tsuba books) identified this pieces as a kodai Hayashi tsuba. This kantei was confirmed by other connaisseurs. There will not be any discounts on this piece!

Ex Dr Karl Florenz Collection

Dimensions: 7.1 cm x 6.7 cm x 0.4 cm

Asking Price: USD 390,00

2) Shoami Tsuba

Fantastic iron tsuba with prominent tekkotsu on the rim. The sukashi design shows ginger and diamonds. Very similiar pieces are published i.a. in Sasano Masayuki's silver book and Eckhard Kremer's book. Unfortunately, the patination has become slightly thin on this pieces (nothing that cannot be fixed over time by a bit of care and natural aging). Otherwise, this tsuba will be a highlight in every sukashi tsuba collection! This piece came from the Eckhard Kremers Collection!

Early Edo period

Dimensions: 7.8 cm x 7.8 cm x 0.43 cm

Asking price: USD 590,00

3) Mino Kashira

Very nicely done - the two-piece shakudo shitodome are almost worth the asking Price IMHO.

Dimensions: 3.3 cm x 1.9 cm x 0.7 cm

Asking price: USD 30,00

Best,

Chris

Archived