Copper Handle Nco

Windy

Having had a look through Dawson's, most areas seem ok (to my inexperienced eye).

I'm not sure about the kissaki though, seems very stubby? Almost ikubi-kissaki, which I've no idea if this would be correct on a type 95 NCO?

As we expected spot on in every detail even down to a great patina. The copper have stubby looking kissaki so no issue there either. Correct tsuba which is thicker than later aluminum models. Correct scabbard for that serial range. Stamps spot on. Correct hilt ito style. Replacement or later used wire sarute. A nice example. Pay around 2-2500 pounds for it; any more is overpriced even for copper which are attracting huge sums.

A fool and his money are soon departed. That's the problem with auctions. They attract people with big wallets, no research or experience and a need to win. That's a foolish amount to pay by even the currently peak market.

• Like 3

A fool and his money are soon departed. That's the problem with auctions. They attract people with big wallets, no research or experience and a need to win. That's a foolish amount to pay by even the currently peak market.

I'm sure the seller is happy, though. This is a rare sword, in very good condition. Maybe he paid a bit too much now, but in the future, even poor examples may go for more.

This is a nice example, and if a collector needs one to complete an NCO collection....well what price would you pay? The buyer may be cleverer than all of us, look at cars that you could pick up for a song in the 60's.....now worth hundreds of thousands. What will NCO's be worth in 20 years? Neil.

• Like 2

This is a nice example, and if a collector needs one to complete an NCO collection....well what price would you pay? The buyer may be cleverer than all of us, look at cars that you could pick up for a song in the 60's.....now worth hundreds of thousands. What will NCO's be worth in 20 years? Neil.

While I agree in spirit (and to me I'm blinded by my love of them), why would you pay so much more than the going rate? Coppers are not that uncommon that you simply have to throw money at them to get the first you find. Patience is a virtue! There have been at least 2 far better examples at a considerably better price in the last 12 months.

I'll also add that getting lucky on a return is just that. Luck. Not some sign of wisdom. I have no doubt they will indeed be a great return, but they'll be better yet for those of us who pay 25% less!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..