Translation Of Shirasaya Please.

Not sure whether to believe my eyes but this seems to be describing the sword's provenance.

Since 40+ members have looked but no-one has yet commented, let's get the ball rolling a little. No books, hands free!!!

矢上家先祖傳来亡寶口也高野山僧正住禅證之 where 口 = I can't read this one yet.

Yagami Ke senzo denrai bo/nakunari Ho X nari KoyaSan So Masazumi? Zen akasu kore.....................?

PS Half-way through I had to reach for the books! :laughing:

Haha, well, in the absence of anything else, and breaking all of Mr Morita's rules, let's stick our neck out in order to collect ideas! :glee:

"Passed down in the Yagami/Yakami family, death, treasure blade, Mt Koya priest, Masazumi Zen sect? attests to this"(?)

• Like 3

Hi All, Been home all week sick and beat my head against the wall for days and could not even get a repetition of two or three that made sense. Now seeing what you all came up with, could have spent another week and still come up different. :laughing:  Will post some pictures of blade later for all your help. Came back with a veterans estate I had bought a while back. Best Regards, John

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..