5 replies to this topic

#1 general_piffle

general_piffle

Chu Jo Saku

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:24 PM

Preferably papered, I'm after a katana made by Musashi Taro Yasukuni, the Shinto smith who studied under Omura Kaboku. With or without koshirae, please contact me if you have such a katana. Many thanks.

Joel U.

#2 Vermithrax16

Vermithrax16

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationBoston Metro North

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:00 AM

Nice sword indeed! Probable that someone has one here on NMB. 

• Greg F and general_piffle like this

Jeremiah L.

"I wonder if we're being drawn into an ambush. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. We have to do this. We've already bought tickets for the last dance. And it's going to be a real gala event."  - Robopocalypse 

#3 general_piffle

general_piffle

Chu Jo Saku

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

Bumping this as the recent technical issue wiped all replies. If anyone spots a katana made by Musashi Taro Yasukuni (with or without koshirae) please let me know. Many thanks.

Joel U.

#4 mywei

mywei

Jo Saku

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:17 AM

http://www.hyozaemon...ct/musasitarou/

wakizashi though. I think his blades are fairly popular in Japan. (the sword of the main chara in Sword of Doom, the movie adaptation with Nakadai and Mifune is one of my favourites)
  • general_piffle likes this
Matt

知己知彼,百战不殆。
--孫子

#5 general_piffle

general_piffle

Chu Jo Saku

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

Many thanks Matt. I've tried to contact the vendor. Fingers crossed I get a response and it's available.

Joel U.

#6 general_piffle

general_piffle

Chu Jo Saku

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

Quick update on this. Thanks to Matt's eagle eyes it turned out to be an excellent Musashi Taro Yasukuni wakizashi in shirasaya with NBTHK Tokubetsu Hozon papers. 

After a bit of confusion, as the dealer in Japan (understandably) speaks very little English the sword has been secured with the assistance of the very helpful Pablo at Unique Japan and is in the process of making its way to me.

This is after around 3 years of searching for a papered sword made by either Omura Kaboku or one of his key students - of which this particular generation Yasukuni most certainly was (thanks here also to Markus Sesko for providing me with invaluable insights into Kaboku's history and apprentices). 

Very happy is an understatement. 

• PNSSHOGUN likes this

Joel U.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq