Humidity And Condensation Question

Bencld

Hello all. 

Just a quick question. 

Under what conditions would condensation form on a sword ? ie. moving from a cold room to a warm room, actual atmospheric humidity etc. I always have my blades lightly oiled with machine oil. What else can I do to mitigate the risks ? 

Thanks in advance.

Chris D.

It would have to be a really cool room moving to a warm humid one. If naked for viewing always clean and oil if necessary before replacing. They aren't that fragile, Japan in places at times is like being in a Turkish bath and these lasted hundreds of years with some TLC. John

• Like 1

Living in a high % humidity location, I found that even kept in a vault in a secure area, the swords were at risk, over the years; even with the best intentions and oiling.

My solution and success, was DampRid, which is easily available at Home Depo,  Loews, etc. You will be amazed at the moisture the container draws from the air.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..