Translation For Sword Mei

Dear Forum, I was wondering if any of you who are skilled in Kanji translation could help me out. I am looking for the best translation for "Willing Protector of Peace" which is the literal Celtic translation of my dad's name. I ask because I want it scribed on the mei of a sword I am having commissioned.

Was your ancestor a mighty warlike warrior, sword in hand and ready to fight for the peace of his valley, or a huggy fluffy lover of peace at all costs? Was he willing, with no question of duty, or was he ready to serve, to do his duty completely willingly?  Does willing mean he was not unwilling, ie not grudging about it? (Question of image.)

It is possible to express it in Japanese but hard to keep it really short and succinct. If you are a public servant or a leader, the peace of the land might even be Wahei 和平. The willingness of the keeper of said peace can surely be implied in a number of ways within the phrase.

Willingly taking up your sword to fight for peace is understandable.

自ら和平を守る "Mizukara Wahei wo Mamoru" (Putting myself forward to protect/keep the peace = I will protect the peace! = Guarding the peace whatever happens!) has a good ring to it, and sounds like a pretty cool motto IMHO.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..