Fantastic New World Record

Easy jokes on near impossible tasks. Surely a skillfullness exercises that is not the cup of tea for purist collectors, however the dedication and exercises needed to achieve these goals force me to take off my hat even if no Samurai ever played Tennis or fired BB.   

Good tecnique on Tatami, BTW...

• Like 2

A real champion and a great embasador for the Japanese sword. In an ideal world he would be using his sword on child abusers but till then mats and balls will be good enough. Thanks for sharing Pete.

Greg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. All this talk of cutting ruining good swords on my nihonto thread... makes me wonder if this guy goes through swords. I'd imagine, being famous for his sword work, he has nice stuff, but i'd also imagine he does a LOT of cutting. Just makes me wonder where he gets his katana, how often they get polished, and/or replaced. 

Jesus. Thats nuts. Not to be irreverent here, but this is generally accepted as true? I ask because my skeptical mind (that would love to believe this) cant help but to see a link to buy... right after the article. 

Regardless, i'm curious. Where would Masahira rank in terms of the old rankings? He seems very well regarded. I'm beyond impressed that i could theoretically buy a new sword from him for only $18000!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..