Fuchi Signature Translation

GARY WORTHAM

Ok, real snappy answers, but are not the answer. Why would a fittings smith put this on his fuchi. I have others with such type etchings. He's not going to do 44 !!

It's not scratches of a focused artist. Is it his way of signing ??  An attribution to a past of his ?? We don't know, but would sure like to understand !!!

Gary,

if you look at other signed TOSOGU, you can compare and see, how these are signed with a fine, very sharp chisel and in which place the artist used to sign. MEI are cut, not scratched, and of course never etched.

I understand that you wish it was a signature, but I am not confident that more than '44' (Thomas Helm, Mark Jones) will come out of this.  

Well,  I don't wish it to be a true cut signature. An idiot can tell how it was produced.

I was just interested in what is the implied inscription, an evaluation of why it was done, and what we all thrive for, " true education and not speculation ".

I have found over the years, many know what they have, from others giving them the answers, maybe correct.

The pure nature of this study, is to research, over and over, with many wrong solutions; till the pick of the litter shows; but then is over shadowed by new facts.

Yes !!! The fun of it all. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..