Dawson's Book

Windy

$125 was the original release price.  Doubt you will get one cheaper.  It is heavy so it would be better to get it in UK or at least Europe to save on shipping. It is a very good book, worth having it shipped if you can't find one local.  

• Like 2

Hello Matt,

A copy sold for,or rather it was advertised for £275 with a militaria dealer in Cheshire recently....Actually the price above is a good one and there is no problems getting them sent from the U.S. I've been looking for ages and will have to " bite the bullet " so to speak and order one...Have bought off Grey's site above in the past so that's where I"ll be getting mine.

Regards,

Paul..

have purchased many books from Grey and he is amazing to deal with.  overall he has the best prices on books that I could find and he always offers options for shipping,  least expensive to quickest.  and usually sends next day.

Brent

• 2 weeks later...

The book arrived this morning, all the way from Minnesota. Really well packaged, so happy to report that, despite the miles, no damage at all.

Broken in properly, as per Greys advice on his site.

What a cracking book, really pleased and well worth the money.

Cheers Grey!

Grey, I've never read your guidelines before and your advice with books (and I liked your thoughts on remounting gunto mounted swords, regarding effect on value). All such good advice on handling books. I believe it was Arnold Frenzel who decades ago suggested to not "thumb through" a book or even page through, in the usual placement of one's fingers. After years of this the fingers will often "dirty" pages in that spot. Those "thick" taikan can so easily be damaged (the spine) if not opened correctly. Hope everyone takes not of your advice! Ron STL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..