Seller Japaneseswordgallery

I sent a email to Osaka seller, maybe each time we find a item on ebay by this seller and run into org seller we let them know? I know Ebay doesnt care as long as they get their cut, 

http://www.osaka-ryujindo.jp/Table/Page/201611/19124949/index.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tsuba-Japanese-Samurai-Katana-Koshirae-guard-dragon-figure-made-of-iron-Antique-/262918456883?

• Like 2

Stephen,

Don't knock yourself out, as you say Ebay cares for nothing but profit.  Also, the seller is unlikely to care how his items sell as long as they do.  You are aware of the scam, therefore well ahead of the game, thats all that matters.  Glad to see you are still on the quest.  Chasing the Dragon!  ADDICTIVE -at least its the good kind.

StevenK

Nah..nothing wrong with letting these guys know that we know what they are going. Eventually they are going to realize there is no point.
If they were trying to make 20% of something..fair enough. But 100%?
By all means..show them the community isn't fooled. Remember it costs them listing fees, so they can only do it a few times before it starts to cost them money to list these without sale.

Brian,

BTW, this game is played on ebay with other categories as well.  A few years back I tried to do something about it without much success.  It is akin to a perpetual game of WACK-A-MOLE, get one, up pops another.  I have even caught some "virtual shopkeepers" on higher end sites doing the same thing.  When it comes to money some people are shameless.

StevenK,

p.s.- hope you are on the mend.

Based on recent experience with the formentioned site, they changed their business model. They offer free listing for the first 100 listings and charge 10% commission. There is no cost to the "brokering" lister and about 90% profit margin for a sale at 100% markup.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..