Emura Blade

w.y.chan

Emura is probably my favorite smith. I think that any gendaito collection should feature at least one of his swords, and the good news is that they're not rare or fetching unreasonable prices... yet. I wasn't aware of there being any prejudice again his work early on or that it wasn't ever considered nihonto. I've got some study to do. Shows how little I know about gendaito swordsmiths.

My two biggest regrets in my collecting the "seven lifes for my country"  sword and not likely true tamahagane, sold!

and one of my first restoration swords, Emura polished in shirasaya that sold on ebay for 3K UNKNOWN price for one 15 years ago, reported it went to Japan and achieved Hozon.

If i ever pop for a floppy reader ill dig up the pic, ( just hope its not in  the two stacks leveling a work bench) the jihada echoed koto bizen, a wet swirl like oil in water. What a idiot for letting it go!

• Like 2

Hello Wah,

Interesting article,well found. Purchased a nice Emura off a board member last year and very pleased..Stephen..... Done the same thing....twice..! And yes,I would like to get them both back,but maybe...." tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all "...

Regards,

Paul...

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..