Is This A Higo School Tsuba?

BenVK

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys!

Not that it really matters now because the seller just told me this tsuba is "out of stock" and refunded my payment.

Sold it for a higher price more probably.. :steamed:

Well I think it's only right to warn others of this ebay seller who pissed me off further by recently sending me this message in regards to this tsuba. Check out his feedback, he's done this before.

Dear sir   On last ebay, we can not sell it due to out of stock

I bothered the trouble. I am really sorry.

If possible we would like to pay an apology fee of $ 20USD at paypal.

In doing so, negative feedbacks

I would like you to change to positive feedback.

Please consider.

arcadia*japon

I believe this tsuba was listed on Yahoo! Japan and sold.  I remember the motif as it was unusual and listed as Akasaka, possibly Ko Akasaka.  It could also have been on a web-page which was copied by an arbitrager.  I can't remember the details at present but this form of selling is actually quite a common occurance, unfortunately.  I view so many images per week that sometimes the details get a bit confused so please pardon me for not being more specific.

• Like 2

Well I think it's only right to warn others of this ebay seller who pissed me off further by recently sending me this message in regards to this tsuba. Check out his feedback, he's done this before.

Dear sir   On last ebay, we can not sell it due to out of stock

I bothered the trouble. I am really sorry.

If possible we would like to pay an apology fee of $ 20USD at paypal.

In doing so, negative feedbacks

I would like you to change to positive feedback.

Please consider.

arcadia*japon

Beware of arcadia Japan...

They don't own any of the tsuba they have listed.

Something you notice at looking it's listed items is that each tsuba they are selling is photographed in a completely different way from the other.

Also, they won't answer any question asking for different photos or making offers.

They simply copy yahoo Japan listings on ebay at higher price.

These days the majority of tsuba on eBay "out of Japan" seem to be copied from other websites.

When I do searches, they are now often Distance from my Location. That seems to cut down on the 'arbitrages' and chinese tsuba very much.

That way I'd drastically cut down on having to wade through the sea of junk.

I've actually picked up 3 very nice tsuba over the last year.

One of them was only 50 miles away, and cost about 1/5th of what a near identical tsuba cost in Japan at the DTI.

Cost me a little to paper it, but what a bargain.

• Like 2

These days the majority of tsuba on eBay "out of Japan" seem to be copied from other websites.

When I do searches, they are now often Distance from my Location. That seems to cut down on the 'arbitrages' and chinese tsuba very much.

That way I'd drastically cut down on having to wade through the sea of junk.

I've actually picked up 3 very nice tsuba over the last year.

One of them was only 50 miles away, and cost about 1/5th of what a near identical tsuba cost in Japan at the DTI.

Cost me a little to paper it, but what a bargain.

That's a way, however, it's quite difficult to find tsubas outside of America and Japan, and if you live somewhere in Europe outside of France, you have no choice but purchase from Usa or Japan, and being shipping from Japan much cheaper, there isn't much choice.

Jose,

I must disagree. 

After Brexit sunk the GBP in June 2016, England has been the source of some of the best buys for the Euro, USD, Loonie, or yen. Even the Japanese are buying from there.

Thinking of 2 Japanese dealers, a significant number of pieces came from England.

A few bargains pop up in the USA or Canada sometimes. Meanwhile Yahoo!Japan seems a bit overrun these days with prices on many pieces going a bit high.

In bookkeeping, of the tsuba I sold over the past 5 years, about 10% sold to Japan, maybe 30% within North America, over 50% to Europe, with the rest elsewhere.

To be fair, it is mostly higher priced items that go International.

• Like 1

Hmm I don't think that i see some good offers there. Cheap yes.

But what i know.

:)

Regards

Well, depends on wheter you are searching for master pieces or merely decent pieces. Also about the good offers, you can contact the store and make an offer. I got a 250$ tsuba for 180$ and a 150$ for 100$. There is really good communication.

If looking for something in particular, post in the Wanted section.

I no longer deal and have almost nothing left I want to sell unless it is 1 out for 1 in.

Still- several of us more veteran collectors have shared 'wish lists' and look out for what our friends collect.

Though sometimes our own friends beat us out (grumble, grumble, shodai kinko kanshiro.... some day that one shall be mine Buddy!).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..