How About Wow!

SwordGuyJoe

Not much more to say on this above, just, WOW!  Look at the detail in that horimono.... I have seen some exceptional showa hormone from Shigetsugu and Shigemasa, but this is the best chisel work I have ever seen (regardless of the era).

http://www.nihonto.com.au/html/order_made_katana_by_akihide_in_tachi_koshirae_with_nbthk_hozon_.html

• Like 7

Sorry, I could not resist, time to decompress

SwordGuyJoe wrote: "I have seen some exceptional showa hormone from Shigetsugu and Shigemasa"

Seeing exceptional Showa 'hormone' from a smith is a deed, Joe. You are entering the best in show competition LOL

• Like 1

Sorry, I could not resist, time to decompress

SwordGuyJoe wrote: "I have seen some exceptional showa hormone from Shigetsugu and Shigemasa"

Seeing exceptional Showa 'hormone' from a smith is a deed, Joe. You are entering the best in show competition LOL

I type like I live my life Jean: Fast and reckless!

• Like 4

Wow indeed! Art on art huh. Makes me wonder, what kind of detailed method is used to clean/oil such horimono? One thing for sure it would be such a pleasure caring for it. Almost get the hormones going! Haha. Thank you for sharing Joe.

Greg

Given the date, the sword was likely made by Miyairi Akihira or maybe Akifusa. Just lovely! And in my defense, my phone has "learned" some terminology, so I don't have to correct it as frequently. My computer (where I made this post) on the other hand, is still a newbie.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..