Miyari Kozaemon Yukihira

Samuraibry

Submitting for expressions of interest

Gold wrapped Shakudo Habaki.
Blade length : 71 cm or 28 inches.
Sori :2.0 cm or 0.79 inches.
Mekugi : 1
Width at the Hamachi : 2.65 cm or 1.04 inches.
Width at the Kissaki : 1.98 cm or 0.78 inches.
Kasane : 0.6 cm or 0.24 inches.
Gendai (1999).
Itame-hada well grained with Jinie attach and Chikei work.
Hamon is Niedeki Gunome Midare double Hamon and inside of the blade has many Sunagasi and long Kinsuji and Inazuma scatter.

Asking $20,000 USD

Please direct replies to *removed by admin*

post-868-0-69648200-1490441962_thumb.jpg

post-868-0-08034400-1490441994_thumb.jpg

post-868-0-27076900-1490442015_thumb.jpg

post-868-0-96778700-1490442038_thumb.jpg

I would like to clarify a few things with this seller before endorsing any sales here. Is this the same Bry Shaw from previously here on the forum, who backed out of a tsuba donation for the raffle, and who was also involved in a deal where monies were paid and the sword not delivered?
Just need to clarify this first...so potential buyers please be patient.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the pics not uploading completly but it is the same as linked from Aoi art, and as such comes with oshigata and guarantee of authenticity. Re. Brian's post yes it is the same Bry Shaw, the matter of the tsuba was an unfortunate situation due to miscommunication and a personal emergency, however you will recall Brian I made a donation as recompense. As for a sword that was paid for and not delivered that never happened. There was a shipping issue with the sword and a full refund was made to the buyer. As anyone who has bought and sold nihonto sometimes issues arise that are beyond one's control but I have always made a point to deal fairly, honestly and transparently.

As to pricing, it is non negotiable as Yukihira san's works are hard to come by and will only increase in value as his promotion to national living treasure is fairly assured.

Genuine buyers are invited to contact me on my personal email at samuraibry@iinet.net.au or telephone on 61423714434.

Thankyou

There's two sides to every Nihonto deal that goes bad. Bryan's side is stated above. Shipping issue, refund, done deal. My side isn't quite so rosy.

I am not much for calling people out publicly, but while I was made whole on the deal, it was done so by the credit card company after I engaged the fraud department and not through refund. Maybe there was a legitimate reason for communication going quiet after a shipping issue - which working in distribution and transportation leadership professionally, I certainly understand - but after Bryan stopped responding, I had no recourse other than crying foul to the credit card company. Perhaps Bryan paid the credit card company back, but I can't confirm or deny that.

All this said, my experience may not be the same as yours. I am sure it's likely that most, if not all, Nihonto dealers that I trust have had a sale that went wrong and those buyers have a very different opinion of those dealers. Take it for what it is, perhaps Bryan has a slew of happy customers and I would welcome them providing contrasting opinion, but this was my experience.

• Like 2

All I can say is I am very sorry for your negative experience Joe, and reiterate that you got your money back. From th general tone this thread has gone down I will withdraw my offer for expressions of interest and wish all well, clearly my presence here is unwelcome, regards to all.

Bryan

Let me add that, being aware of the situation, Joe was reluctant to bring this up, and I had to ask him to, in the interests of clarifying.
Sorry Bry, but that is not considered "getting your money back"
Perhaps with a bit more time, you will have some better references or deals to refer back to but for now I consider this closed.

• Like 4