Hayashi Copy?

andreYes

Andrey

keep looking for examples of Hayashi work - I think you will see for yourself that this doesnt compare well. The iron looks dry, lifeless, the seppa dai is perfectly flat while the rest appears molded but not well, almost muddy. I would not spend a lot of time on this one.

-t

Patina on Hayashi tends to be rich.

See photo of [Kanshiro and Hayashi side by side]- Hayashi on the right is a good example of the iron patina.

The one you linked, looks dead flat like a penny left on a busy road.

post-44-0-89970200-1489606329_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thomas, Curran, thank you very much for the comments!

Very convincing photo, it's a pleasure to look at such a beautiful patina!

Concerning the tsuba from Yahoo, I wonder, who've made it? It doesn't look like a modern copy (or does?), but it's obviously a copy, even tagane marks resemble the ones from Hayashi tsuba.

Grey is painfully correct.

I am partial to tree sukashi designs, and had to be careful when looking at some of the Higo / Akasaka ones.

I've been so cautious on the ones coming out of Japan that I almost balked and didn't buy a very good one the other month.

I may be purchasing another one soon, but subject to approval for fear it might be one of the increasingly good copies out of Japan the last few years.

With some of them, it is difficult to tell from photos. When the show up:  you either cheer up :glee: , or tear up :freak: .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..