#1 Peter Bleed

Peter Bleed

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:55 AM

Okay,

I usually come  to the NMB  to vent and spout. I love the Board "Bigly"! But this time I am coming to the community to beg help with an OLD sword lead.

is there anybody on the Board who is in/around Washington D.C. who might be able to help me with some research a sword I bought in 1984 (or so).I had spent a week (on a Foundation's dime OMG) listening to totally worthless D.C. crap and was on my way home via the Old Chicago Sword Show. Since the foundation was paying for my trip to Chicago, I had responsibly attended all those awful meetings and only got to go to a shop that was just around the corner from where I had been staying near Dupot Circle.as I was on my way out of town.. I believe it was called TROCADERO. . When I finally got there they had just pulled a bunch of stuff out of Alice Roosevelt Longworth's home - - which I guess was just across the street. Yes, Teddy's daughter, of the "Imperial Cruise"

Now, all these years later i would like to know if there might be somebody in the D.C. area who could help me research this matter. Does Trocadero still exists? Might there be somebody who could recall this matter?  Who got all the rest of that stuff?

Peter

Peter Bleed

#2 Stephen

Stephen

Oyabun

• Members
  • 9,734 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:29 AM

http://www.trocadero.com/

Stephen C.

USMC      DEC 63      APR 73

"Nothing Fxcks you harder than time"

Sir  Davos Seaworth

#3 Brian

Brian

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,719 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

Isn't Trocadero a conglomerate of hundreds of small shops? Don't think you'll get very far with that lead unfortunately.

- Admin -

#4 Stephen

Stephen

Oyabun

• Members
  • 9,734 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

they do have a search box for you to look for sellers. btw i found a nice dragon tsuba im enquiring on from there search, yes many sellers  

Stephen C.

USMC      DEC 63      APR 73

"Nothing Fxcks you harder than time"

Sir  Davos Seaworth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq