Translationen Please ,akimitsu Tanto

Michael  67

Dear Michael.

I am sure you already know this but this is just the Japanese registration for the blade, it won't tell you anything more than you already know and it carries no weight.  I believe that officially this should have been surrendered when the sword left Japan.

All the best

Hi Michael,

I guess this is your smith (from Markus book):

AKIMITSU (昭光), Shōwa (昭和, 1926-1989), Niigata – “Tesshū Dōjin Akimitsu” (鉄収道人昭光) “Echigo Sanjō-jū Tettshū Dōjin Akimitsu kinsaku hori-dōjin” (越後三条住鉄収入道昭光謹作 彫同人, “respectfully forged and carved by Tesshū Dōjin Akimitsu from Sanjō in Echigo province”), real name Igarashi Seiji (五十嵐正治), born April 1st 1905, he studied his apprenticeship at the Nihontō Tanren Denshūjo (日本刀鍛錬伝習所) under Kurihara Akihide (栗原昭秀) in 1939 in Tōkyō and was working as rikugun-jumei-tōshō from 1940 onwards, he was a descendant of the family of a certain smith called Tesshinshi Terunaga (鉄心子照命) who is said to have worked for the Murakami fief (村上藩), Akimitsu got several prices and lived in Sanjō (三条) in Niigata Prefecture, kihin no retsu (Akihide), Second Seat at the 6th Shinsaku Nihontō Denrankai (新作日本刀展覧会, 1941)

from John S. Slough book:

post-683-0-57310100-1489050886_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..