Tsuba

md02geist

Won this tsuba a while back, in one of the board raffles.

Lucky me!

Anyways was wondering what y'all thought of it. Love any input you'd have.

It is wakizashi sized.

No interest in selling it, just wanted some input and commentary :)

post-1387-0-62454400-1488754556_thumb.jpg

post-1387-0-77010800-1488754578_thumb.jpg

post-1387-0-85494300-1488754681_thumb.jpg

Rob,

The forum isn't doing anything, it is your device.  Simply, compensate for the orientation problem before posting and all will be well.

-StevenK

Incorrect. They show up perfectly on my phone and when taken the orientation was perfectly set.

Give me some credit here. :)

Hi Rob,

I have a Mac and sometimes (not always though) I have the same problem.. I have had to edit my post (and uploads) several times to get it right.. Can't explain it.. sorry.

Anyway, congratulations on your Tsuba, although it looks like the Kogai-ana was added later - by the fact it cuts through the design - and the patina could do with some improvement, but otherwise its a nice little tsuba. Someone obviously liked it enough to modify and fit to their sword. It could have been loved a bit more in a previous life, looking at the condition of the iron and the patina, but we find that sometimes.. I always like the presence of Sekigane in/ on Tsuba showing that it was once worn.. 

Barrie.

• Like 1

Hi Rob,

I have a Mac and sometimes (not always though) I have the same problem.. I have had to edit my post (and uploads) several times to get it right.. Can't explain it.. sorry.

Anyway, congratulations on your Tsuba, although it looks like the Kogai-ana was added later - by the fact it cuts through the design - and the patina could do with some improvement, but otherwise its a nice little tsuba. Someone obviously liked it enough to modify and fit to their sword. It could have been loved a bit more in a previous life, looking at the condition of the iron and the patina, but we find that sometimes.. I always like the presence of Sekigane in/ on Tsuba showing that it was once worn..

Barrie.

Thanks Barrie that's fantastic info.

Wonder if it has sentimental value to someone or maybe they used it as a practice piece to work on designs? The added designs are quite nice quality in my opinion.

Kinda neat to find niceness quality somewhat intricate design on such a plain basic iron tsuba. A nice duality.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..