Early General Mounts

charlie1

Looking for another example of a early army pinned fittings with smooth paint with the extra hanger. It is referred to as "General" mounts in the Dawson book. However, the example in the Dawson is the later type paint. The smith is Ishido Teruhide for the example I studied.

post-3271-0-48331000-1488730343_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Charlie,

I don't understand what you mean by the term "general mounts."? The 2 belt hanger ashi make this a Type 94. 94's had a removable ashi and a permanent one. All the other fittings are standard shingunto. Is that what you mean, or is it simply the general officer's tassel that is generating the term?

Sorry for the delay. Page 158-159 of the Dawson book. Type 94 with general grade tassel and lower removable ashi. The one I was studying has early type smooth paint. The one pictured in the Dawson book is the later paint type. Not too many examples with these type of quality fittings. Just asking if someone is kind enough to share pictures of a example.

Cheers

Charlie

There is a difference in the early mounts with the "pinned" fittings. Most don't even notice when they are pinned in except when one is missing. The paint tone is lighter tone paint. From experience the pinned fittings are earlier and paint is different. It's not explained in the Dawson. I misspoke in my first message general mounts (going off memory) but the fittings are premium with gold trim. Please notice the my second message with "general tassel".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..