Any Help Would Be Appreciated

Green Dragon, Yu Li An Cho ? your first name Yu Li ? The NBTHK and NTHK thought that they are by the same hand and I was pointing out that the tada kanji is very close as it is a point in working out which Tadayoshi for an example, Art and the Sword - Volume 1 1988 has a article on shodai Tadayoshi's way of cutting tada but it is different to what we see in yours. It is a mine field to work out and there are always exceptions and as BaZZa said No easy answers for the Hizen school :laughing: 

It's hard to say by the photo but I am providing it just to be there (tanto is perfect, the oil makes it appear as kitae ware). I personally have more interest in knowing the Jumyo I asked about. This kanteisho states it is shodai (unless NTHL doesn't know what they are talking about..)

Hi Yu Li, If you have papers not much more we can add :dunno:

but will try

1) Nakago appears shinto (no chance for sue koto?) - am I wrong?  yes wrong, shinto

2) In what tier is horimono (low mid high grade)? not high grade IMHO low grade

What you have is a shinto blade with so,so horimono that is probably ato-bori or added later and you said you saw a Jumyo on a website at 20k IMHO most don't go that high and from the photos yours is in the lower range :)

PS.you need to take better photos like all of the blade in one photo and some close ups there are posts on the NMB on how to take photos

Hi Yu Li, If you have papers not much more we can add :dunno:

but will try

1) Nakago appears shinto (no chance for sue koto?) - am I wrong? yes wrong, shinto

2) In what tier is horimono (low mid high grade)? not high grade IMHO low grade

What you have is a shinto blade with so,so horimono that is probably ato-bori or added later and you said you saw a Jumyo on a website at 20k IMHO most don't go that high and from the photos yours is in the lower range :)

PS.you need to take better photos like all of the blade in one photo and some close ups there are posts on the NMB on how to take photos

Hi

No papers, I wouldn't bother otherwise..Thanks, I just wanted to give you an idea so I didn't spend a lot of time for the photos.. the one below is what I was referring to

http://swordsofjapan.com/project/jumyo-in-koshirae/

Tadayoshi is 1st generation. Will post pictures of what I found :)

This book might be a great read for me

"From August 1630 Shodai Tadahiro began signing custom order swords of exceptionally high quality for high ranking people, using the mei Hizen Kuni Jû Fujiwara Tadahiro i.e., without the Musashi Daijô title. ----> He used a thick chisel and carved extended chisel strokes. The mei are called Kenjô-mei and obviously indicate a valuable sword."

Roger Robertshaw The School of Hizen Tadayoshi

So that right there ends the research for me. I have to say I feel lucky ;) Thank you

I would not use the sword below as a reference to value your Jumyo. It is priced as it is because the owner has placed a high value on the koshirae. The blade (in shirasaya) itself is one I personally would value around $5,000. This is comparing apples to kumquats, as that sword is 29", recently restored and flawless, but is also shinshinto and mumei.

- Ray

Hi

the one below is what I was referring tohttp://swordsofjapan.com/project/jumyo-in-koshirae/

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..