Wakizashi Signed "hizen No Kuni Tadayoshi", Needs Restoration

bigjohnshea

Hello Everyone,

For sale is a wakizashi length blade with a tachi mei signature reading Hizen no Kuni Tadayoshi.

As far as I can tell the signature appears good and is signed on the appropriate side for the smith. I have sold a good number of swords on NMB and facebook, and have never misrepresented anything. I’m not about to start now. I don’t know if this is definitely what it appears to be, but if I knew it was gimei I would be honest as I have always been. Also could easily be a blade from a later generation.

I’ve owned this for a good while, and always had a mind to try restoring it, but I’m happy with the swords I have, and favor older blades anyhow, so I’m going to let someone else have a shot at this if they are keen.

Price: $950, domestic shipping included. I’ll give you a quote for international.

Nagasa: Just a bit over 23” (see photos)

Hamon: Appears to be suguha from what little I can see, perhaps chu-suguha with a little undulation.

The kissaki appears that it will need to be reshaped when restored, but there is abundant space in the boshi for this. Otherwise there are no truly obvious flaws present in this blade.

Comes with the habaki shown in the photos at the link below:

Photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2dblr7r8r8o1e7n/AABJiq-s2lXqAL1tcAoKV_zRa?dl=0

There is no shirasaya or other mounts for this unfortunately.

Please email me at bigjohnshea@gmail.com if interested.

Thanks for your time!

Cheers!

John A. Shea, MD

post-2184-0-33682400-1488560156_thumb.png

post-2184-0-16852400-1488560183_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived