Kantei By Photo - March

CSM101

Hi Uwe,

observing the overall shape of the blade, I guess an early Shinto, first quater of the 17th century.

I ignore the nakago, because I'm not sure about the patina. Looks very light, but that maybe an effect caused by the fotolight?

Fine hada points to Osaka (not fine enought for Osaka!?) or Kyoto. Looks like having a tinge of zanguri?

Neither Kyo- nor Osaka-yakidashi visible, but a "feeling" of a less active hamon near the machi.

OK, can't make out the boshi, but the o-gunome/midare in the lower part of the blade and the "dip" towards the kissaki reminds me of Kotetsu. But I allready decided for a different time and location.

Anyway, I go for a guy in Osaka with roots in Kyoto ;-)

Greetings

Andreas

PS: maybe all the thoughts above are simply BS ;-) but I "vote" for..OK

Thanks for the better picture Uwe.

O.K. I do think it is an Edo shinto blade  of the Kanbun / Enpo time.( Sugata = Enpo ,  Moku / Itame in the  Masame in the Shinogi-Ji points to Edo )

The Hamon  and boshi let me think of Kotetsu or Kazusa no kami Kaneshige.  The style of yakidashi   reminds my of  Kotetsu. The  only thing  i do miss for  Kotetsu is the usual snowman in the  machi erea. Nevertheless  I vote Kotetsu.

Probably  I am wrong.

Hi Uwe,

the boshi is a little bit on the "wild side", but I still believe it is Oya Kunisada = Izumi (no) Kami Kunisada, shodai.

Can you do a shot along the blade, aiming at a light bulb to show the hamon and habuchi?

Greetings

Andreas

Hi Uwe,

the boshi is a little bit on the "wild side", but I still believe it is Oya Kunisada = Izumi (no) Kami Kunisada, shodai.

Can you do a shot along the blade, aiming at a light bulb to show the hamon and habuchi?

Greetings

Andreas

Not anymore. The blade is back to it´s owner. Sorry.

Uwe G.

Okay, I know I´m late. But here is the answer.

And it is: Izumi no Kami Fujiwara Kunisada; a.k.a. Oya Kunisada.

Congratulations for all with the right answer and for all with a close answer.

I know, that the quality of the photos were not the best. So, if you didn´t hit the name, blame it on me.

Sorry!

Uwe G.

post-699-0-41718700-1488643076_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I forgot.

Well, first of all: sugata. It is a relatively short wakizashi with a longer chu kissaki. That tells us Shinto.

Then there is a beautiful texture such like in this sword. Koitame-hada well grained with jinie attached and small chikei = Osaka Shinto.

The hamon has an active deep nioiguchi in gunome midare. Boshi ca not be seen. My fault, once again.

And the last point: you have a long signature close to the mune and osujikai yasurime.

Hence: Oya Kunisada.

Uwe G.

• Like 1

FWIW :

Early Shinto Sugata. Ko-itame hada with very tight grain formations almost nashiji points Osaka, Masame in the Shinogi-Ji. Hamon resembles of gunome with maru kashira and starts in yakidashi (usually) , yasurime is o-sujikai until hamachi. Nedeed to use Magnifier function to have a slightly better vision.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..