Looking For: Tachi

MikeMuramasa

Hi there. Just looking for the time being. But I'm interested in one day, acquiring a Tachi. Doesn't have to be Juyo or top quality lol, more in the 'affordable' range, £2-3k like. I know there's one on here :P grabbing it if I can by the time I have the funds. But, to keep possibilities open I thought I'd ask. :)

Pref. ubu, doesn't have to have papers but would be a nice addition, pref. Koto/Muromachi, maybe Shinto or Shinshinto, though I know they weren't so popular then as weapons like they were during Kamakura to Muromachi eras. (excuse me if my history is off) I like the older blades, Tachi especially, the sori in some old tachi is wonderful.  

Signed or mumei, don't mind, flaws/openings are okay, I'm accepting of them; so long as they're not classed as fatal (Hagire, large chips past hamon, fire damage/retempering, bends). In good polish, doesn't have to be perfect or freshly polished but enough to study and appreciate activity. In shirasaya. I know I wouldn't find Tachi in koshirae in said price range hah, I'd rather shirasaya anyhow.

I'm UK based so either from the UK or, of course, able to ship here.

Currently very interested in Bizen, Mino and Uda blades, but any school is alright by me. I'd like to have a few different schools' works at hand to look at. Currently got a Bizen waki and a Mino waki myself. :) 'Bout time I saved towards a Tachi though, always wanted to own one.

Thanks in advance. :)

- Mike.

you stand no chance to get an ubu papered tachi for a comparable price.

This is what the voice in the back of my head keeps a telling me about letting it go = bit of a reluctant seller :-?

A few close offers so far, but no rush to sell this one.

One I'm likely to regret should it sell, me thinks.

Archived