Hidensho.com - 1854 Manuscript On Fortifications For Translation

Randy McCall

NMB members with Classical Japanese skill who are looking for a bit of a challenge might be interested in the latest project launched through the Hidensho website.

Images my 1854 Koyo Gunkan Fortification manuscript -- written and signed by the samurai owner in question -- are now available for translation. 

http://hidensho.com/1854-koyo-gukan-fortification-manuscript/1854-fortification-manuscript-background/

While this project is specifically directed at a group of Classic Japanese translators and manuscript collectors I run via a FB group, I thought some of our skilled members would also find it of interest.

In order to contribute translations, you'll need to register on the site (only registered users can use the comment feature to add notes, translations, discuss technical points, etc). You can apply for registration at: http://hidensho.com/application-for-registration/

All text items in the manuscript (individual features and labels, as well as headings and blocks of text) are numbered. Go to the text below the image of each page; clicking on a line will open a comment box on the right side of the page for you to make entries. To reply to someone else's  comment, just click on Reply (which creates a threaded discussion).

Once a text item or text block has been translated and confirmed by the community, I'll add it to the appropriate main line number.  The project is visible to the general public.

Questions or comments are welcome.

post-2701-0-84549800-1488214791_thumb.jpg   post-2701-0-88543400-1488214803_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..