Please Help Re Shipping From Us To Australia

I recently purchased a rather low quality naginata from auction house

Grant Zahajko Auctions, LLC

712 Morgan St Davenport, WA, US

509-725-5600

They have just sent me a shipping quote of $1500USD to send it via Fed Ex. Can someone please advise me what to do or who to use?

Is there someone in the area who can pick it up and send it more economically? This is rediculous. The package is 106". I asked them to remove the blade and pack it alonside the pole.

Mark

Hi Stephen. I just called them and they are very obliging. They are going to get a quote from them to you. Problem is they don't know how to removed the blade from the pole. Auctions and booze don't mix. Mark. Btw.. of couse you add your fee. I don't want you out if pocket

• Like 1

Here is the update. I called the auction house and they couldn't work out how to remove the blade to make it shorter, however they managed to reduce the packaging length and came up with a new quote of $450usd to me. I gave them Stephen's zip code and they quoted $170usd to him via courier. I guess Stephen will have the same problems in that UPS wont touch it because of the length and fedex will not be cheap no matter what Stephen does.

It seems i just have to pay the $450 usd and take the pain. Stephen i appreciate you so much. I am going to mull it over tonight as to how to proceed, i will let you know soon.

Really....the shipping costs these days are rediculous. The initial quote of $1590usd just knocked me to my knees. Almost better to fly over and pick it up myself. The upside is that the auction house was very nice to chat with and helpful. Such a shame too that it is a low grade item.. no treasure unfortunately.

Mark

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..