Mark

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:45 PM

Next show  is Chicago.

Check out website http://www.chicagoswordshow.com

If you are staying at the hotel make reservations early as the room black may fill up

https://aws.passkey....owner/4631/home

or call 847-605-1234   800-233-1234  and mention Midwest Token Kai/Sword show to get the show rate

If anyone has any questions email me at nixe@bright.net

Thanks

• Stephen likes this
Mark Jones
nixe@bright.net

#2 SwordGuyJoe

SwordGuyJoe

Tokubetsu Juyo

• Members
  • 2,561 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:10 PM

Looking forward to it Mark!

Joe

Bringing nothing of real value to the NMB since 2009

#3 Mark S.

Mark S.

Jo Saku

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:24 AM

Anything special planned yet? Presentations, displays, etc?
Thanks,
Mark

#4 Mark

Mark

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:41 AM

There will be a presentation by the NBTHK-AB, i understand it will have some great tsuba and blades, more infor as it gets closer, also a presentation "Oda Nobunaga, the Owari School and the birth of Shinto Swords". It will  have blades and a multimedia presentation.

Mark Jones
nixe@bright.net

#5 rkg

rkg

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:10 AM

How much of an additional hassle is it to get to the show from Midway instead of o'hare?

As I'd like to bring a couple of bags/would like to get to Chicago before the middle of the night w/o having to sell a kidney and/or take a redye, so I'm thinking of taking Southwest, and....

Thx,

rkg

(Richard George)

• Stephen likes this

#6 Pete Klein

Pete Klein

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:25 AM

Richard -- Chicago is my home town.  Midway is a 'LONG' way from Schaumburg (where the show is) and the area isn't all that safe, especially at night.  You'd have to rent a car as a cab would be prohibitive and there are areas around the airport where if you make a wrong turn might get you in over your head very fast (and I mean not in a nice way at all).  What ever the details, just go to O'Hare and cab it (Mark has directions on the show page) or you can rent a car (what I do) if you want to explore.  The area from O'Hare to Schaumburg is safe and you'll be on the expressways anyway.  It takes about fifteen minutes to get to the hotel.  It can be a bit confusing first time as there are lane changes you have to hit or it's a big hassle so you might be better off cabbing it.  There are always folks there who drive so you can hitch with a group to a restaurant if wanted.

“It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.”
— Mark Twain

#7 Stephen

Stephen

Oyabun

• Members
  • 8,711 posts
  • LocationMidlands USA

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:30 AM

why not just take 50 straight north or if you want to do it on interstate 50 to 55 then to 90 north to schaumburg ...bit of a drive yes, be fearless in your eye them boogy men will turn away just dont stare, walk like you own it.

That-Displays-Which-Airports-Are-Near-Yo

Stephen C.

USMC      DEC 63 APR 73 

#8 Mark

Mark

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

on the show web page there is a "transportation" page  http://www.chicagosw...ansportation/  at least 2 of the companies look like they have service to/from Midway, you can call them or  click on their links hope that helps. The Hyatt recommends " GO Airport Express, it looks like the round trip to Midway is $69 but i would verify and get a reservation

• Stephen likes this
Mark Jones
nixe@bright.net

#9 rkg

rkg

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for all the replies on this! 

Best,

rkg

(Richard George)

#10 Mark

Mark

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • LocationOhio USA

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

The preparations are coming along nicely. The Hotel room block is almost full so if you need a room grab one soon.  I had a cancellation so if you want a table let me know, first come etc. Should be a good show, at least one dealer from Japan will be there buying as well as a number of international exhibitors and buyers. Educational presentations and displays on Saturday.  Any questions or suggestions let me know at nixe@bright.net

Thanks!

• Stephen likes this
Mark Jones
nixe@bright.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq