Kantei By Photos - Aoi Art

Jean

At first glance I would say a Suishinshi Masahide at his later dates of forging with far more functional hamon and reflecting older traditions but the clue of clear wonderful defined Uzumaki-hada mentioned on his Soshu style and more relaxed nie-deki Gunome-midare hamon on this sword, I think his student Naotane.

• Like 1

As I do not have too experienced eye for details (or even too good eye sight) the written description is many times more helpful for me than pictures. However I think the hints Aoi had for this one might be bit too helpful as you could make a guess for Naotane without even seeing the blade just based on the hints.

I must admit that without written hints and by looking at the blade only that would be a hard one for me and I am not sure if I would be able to arrive to same solution as with written hints available.

• Like 1

I agreed Jussi. I will say that I have seen this particular boshi (Kanemitsu style) on his work before and believe I would have keyed in on that even if the uzumaki was unnoticed. Separately, I really dislike the approach they are taking of using Photoshop to stamp over and disguise the mei. Much better to simply hide the mei with a black square as they have done in the past.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..