West Palm Beach Antique Show

If anyone is interested, there are a few Japanese swords for sale at the West Palm Beach antique show this weekend. Nothing that I felt I had to bring home, but there was a wide katakiri-ba Kaifu-to wakizashi by Ujiyoshi that I found interesting. Also scattered about the show was a Sukesada wakizashi dated Tensho 3, several Mantetsu, a mumei Sue-koto wakizashi in shirasaya, two hachiwara, a signed Bizen tanto in koshirae and assorted gunto mounted Showa-to. I assume most of our Florida members will be attending the Tampa show next weekend where there will be more & better swords for sale, but this is a large, fun show to spend the day at and worth the visit. Feel free to PM me if anyone needs directions and details.

http://www.wpbaf.com

Best regards,

Ray

• Like 1

In addition to some interesting swords which showed up at the antique shows this weekend (there were three large shows around South Florida) one dealer brought this armour. I have little background in this area, do not collect armour at all and have not investigated what would be involved (time or cost) for restoration. If anyone is interested in following up with this dealer please PM me and I will send you his contact information.

Best regards,

Ray

post-457-0-27334100-1486411054_thumb.jpg

post-457-0-30461800-1486411055_thumb.jpg

post-457-0-03593500-1486411056_thumb.jpg

post-457-0-52517400-1486411056_thumb.jpg

post-457-0-96973300-1486411056_thumb.jpg

post-457-0-47944800-1486411057_thumb.jpg

Ray- Not even remotely.

But don't take my word for it. Post this in the Katchu section and give them a laugh or two.

I'd be too tempted to use this for archery practice, but a few bales of hay are cheaper and would stop arrows better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..