Side Latch Nco

IJASWORDS

I read in previous posts that the humble pattern 4 side latch is less common than the copper handle. Because of the iron FUCHI, it is impossible to make out any stamps.

Help in indicating its manufacturing number range and what stamps should be there would be gratefully appreciated. Neil.  

post-3858-0-89465900-1485230170_thumb.jpg

Neil,

From Stegel's post on my thread: "

"The Nagoya Arsenal (in the 132k range under Kokura) stopped the production of the previous Pattern 3 (Aluminium handle with top lock latch/steel tsuba) and moved it to the 200k range. This was later followed by the side lock version, resulting in this pattern being found in both ranges (100k and 200k)."

I have a "Na" stamp on the blade next to the serial number, one on a seppa, and one on the saya drag. It is the only stamps on mine.

As to serial number ranges, maybe Shamsy or Stegel can say.

BTW, you're not going to leave us with that one single solitary pic are you?!?!?!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..