Surrender tag

Brian

Hi. I was wondering of anyone could assist with the translation of this surrender tag.

I know it probably only gives the name and address of the soldier, but I won't know unless I ask, right?

This is beyond my feeble attempts at translating. Came on a Shin-gunto with mumei older blade that I am still researching. Pics of that in the near future.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Surrender tag.jpg

Can you take it from there, Brian?

Probably not..after a 2 am late Chinese New Year celebration at a small Chinatown street here :D I'm just a little fuzzy right now..lol

If it was Afrikaans I might have more luck..so a translation would be appreciated. I assume the soldier was Nakajima Tadao and the rest is an address.? Thanks for the work so far.

Brian

I've seen a lot of tags that was thought to be surrender tags, if fact there transportation tags, they did a lot of traveling on rail ways guess they had to store them for the trip.

Yes, there was one on here the other day described as a surrender tag, but it was printed in Japanese and looked to me more like a tag for boarding a ship.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..