Awataguchi Hisakuni

Marc BROQUIN

Hello,

I am progressively completing my data and would like to find good pics of this sword (AWATAGUCHI HISAKUNI), which once was the subject of an article by our late friend, Jim Kurrasch.

Is anybody able to send me some pics of this blade?

Thank you by advance.

Best regards

Marc

Marc, it is possible the Hisakuni Jim wrote an article on was the one in my collection, Juyo Bitjutsuhen designated. Are you seeking a photo of the nakago or the entire blade? A number of articles have been written about the Hisakuni over the years. The tachi John attached photos of are known example in many books. The first example is the only Kokuho, the others are JuBi level. I believe there are seven known "signed" Hisakuni known.

Ron STL

• Like 1

Hello dear friends,

Many thanks for info and comments

Yes RON, precisely I would like to find pics about this JUYO BIJUTSUHIN HISAKUNI, for which Jim Kurrasch wrote an article around 2006, with a pic of tang and extreme part of blade, under the term JUYO BUNKASAI HISAKUNI TACHI

Hello Peter, I know those articles from Markus,but this particular blade is not represented in them.

Hello John, those tangs do not belong to the JUYO BIJUTSUHIN HISAKUNI.

Anyhow, many thanks for attention and efforts.

Best regards

Marc

Hi Marc-

I believe the sword in question belongs to one of our NMB members.

Thought a kind obliging gent, he may not see your post.

It was published in "Meito in North America". Picture quality was good. I remember holding this blade in my early years of collecting.

PM me your email, and I will scan in the 4 page I have.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..