Notification Aoi Japan

Would never buy anything shipped with Fedex anyways. DO NOT use them.
This has been standard for a while now. Getting harder and harder to ship swords anywhere. I would need to ship to the USA with EMS and then have someone like Stephen forward here.
I hope this hurts Fedex's bottom line. Easy to say we are insignificant, but the people collecting swords are businessmen, and if they stop using Fedex for their work too..and spread the word, it can't do them any good.
This has nothing to do with safety or laws or anything anyways. Checked luggage and cargo has no risk, and if it is the trans-shipping countries causing the problem, then it is up to Fedex to negotiate.

• Like 1

95% of all postal services are either refusing, returning or making life very hard for nihonto to be shipped.

EMS have been the easiest to deal with, but i still have had swords damaged, lost (with tracking) sent back via seamail or havent evan left australia with no reason's why.

Australia Post are just  bad, with no accountability and dont care. and customs are more concerned with what I'm sending outside the country then what I have had sent in. (to all the members who live in the UK, that had to wait so long for your swords. I'm sorry)

my experances are, its easer and safer to just fly them into Narita, and go from there with the paper work and the language barrier.

just my experances though.

regards Hamish

Clearly, Aoi-sama NEEDS an American outlet - somebody who can manage the dispatch of goods from an  address outside of Japan  and who can also handle trans-shipment of images and information from this side of the water.If Tsuruta-san can access things over here, sword collecting will expand.  I think that somebody ought to view this an as opportunity. Tsuruta-san has always been pleasant and fair to me. Let's figure out a way to bring him IN.

Peter

• Like 1

I absolutely refuse to use FedEx. They are an awful company. The only time I've ever had a sword opened was via FedEx, not even by customs! They damaged the kissaki, couldn't care less and made me feel the whole time like it was some kind of witch hunt, despite my knowing full well that sword importation into Australia is unrestricted.

No problems with FedEx (so far), but twice last year, someone in the U.S. postal service opened a package, & got their nice, greasy fingerprints on a newly-polished blade. The second one was obviously eating Cheetos, because I could easily see the ugly yellow residue!

Ken

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..