4 replies to this topic

#1 Ontario_Archaeology

Ontario_Archaeology

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

Hello, I am looking to buy a Naval Kai-Gunto. A machine made sword is fine. My price range is pretty low, maxing out around 500 CAD. 

Thanks, Matt. 

#2 Geraint

Geraint

Sai Jo Saku

• Members
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationCornwall UK

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:06 PM

Dear Matt.

I wish you every success in your hunt but, and you knew there would be a but didn't you, I think you are optimistic.  You might find one but given that kaigunto are scarcer than shingunto and given the prices they are now fetching in the UK I would rate your chances as slim to none at all.  If you do find one at that price the chances are that it will be pretty rough and not something that you would want to own.  I'm not an Ebay user and it#s possible that someone on the board might point you to one there but I think most of us would say wait a bit, save a bit and then get something that you will enjoy for some time to come.

I hope that I am wrong and that you find a great one but don#y hold your breath.

All the best.

Geraint

#3 Ontario_Archaeology

Ontario_Archaeology

Chu Saku

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

I knew my price is very optimistic, I am on ebay, and there are a few auctions with lower prices on there, but I wanted to see if there was anything on the community. Ofcoarse if there is something nicer over my price range I would still like to know about it.  I am very much a bottom feeder at this point and any deals I can come across I would love to know about. Are there any other places I can look? 

Thanks for your response. 

Matt 

#4 seattle1

seattle1

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:42 AM

Hello:

Well you live in London Ontario and in near by Toronto this Saturday there is a meeting of some top Canadian collectors as announced by Barry Hennick on this site. Go to the meeting, get acquainted with some of the very well informed collectors you will meet there, learn a little about the market ropes and you might be surprised how useful and helpful the advice you will probably get in achieving your goal for a starter.

Arnold F.

• ggil likes this

#5 Stephen

Stephen

Oyabun

• Members
  • 9,055 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

#networking 

Stephen C.

USMC      DEC 63      APR 73