Looking For A Naval Kai-Gunto

Ontario_Archaeology

Dear Matt.

I wish you every success in your hunt but, and you knew there would be a but didn't you, I think you are optimistic.  You might find one but given that kaigunto are scarcer than shingunto and given the prices they are now fetching in the UK I would rate your chances as slim to none at all.  If you do find one at that price the chances are that it will be pretty rough and not something that you would want to own.  I'm not an Ebay user and it#s possible that someone on the board might point you to one there but I think most of us would say wait a bit, save a bit and then get something that you will enjoy for some time to come.

I hope that I am wrong and that you find a great one but don#y hold your breath.

All the best.

I knew my price is very optimistic, I am on ebay, and there are a few auctions with lower prices on there, but I wanted to see if there was anything on the community. Ofcoarse if there is something nicer over my price range I would still like to know about it.  I am very much a bottom feeder at this point and any deals I can come across I would love to know about. Are there any other places I can look? 

Thanks for your response. 

Matt 

Hello:

Well you live in London Ontario and in near by Toronto this Saturday there is a meeting of some top Canadian collectors as announced by Barry Hennick on this site. Go to the meeting, get acquainted with some of the very well informed collectors you will meet there, learn a little about the market ropes and you might be surprised how useful and helpful the advice you will probably get in achieving your goal for a starter.

Arnold F.

• 7 months later...

i have saved up my money quite a bit, I have a much larger price cap of around 1700 USD. I went to a few military shows around the GTA and thought it was a good experience. The next big one is in sept, but i do not think I will find something I am willing to drop this fund on there. Over the past few months I have also been more interested in waks so if there is a kai gunto wak hiding out somewhere. That would be of interest

Thanks. matt

Archived