Connoisseur's Book Re-Release

Ok... guess I should have waited. While originally advertised by Amazon at $75 and then a price drop to $61... two other sources (which can be seen at Amazon) now have the book at $47 and change plus $4 shipping. All I can say is the book is one heck of a lot of invaluable info for around $50!!! Get em while the gettin' is good!

• Like 1

If someone has an original and wants to check:

Last numbered page is 355. It is the index. At the top of the page is "unchangeable smiths, 21". Last entry on the page is "Zoto Shinki Ho, 298".

The last page before the glossary is page 335. At the top of the page that reads:

"are seen, as is rugged patterning. Work-

manship looks rather like that of Yamato-

den."

It is a continuation of smith info Hidari Mutsu Kaneyasu from page 334

On page 304 the last sentence on the page under PATTERN is:

"Soshu tradition: Features identical to those of Masayoshi."

Page 236 first sentence is:

"Kinmichi, ha agari kurijiri is similarly rare in"

Page 202 first sentence is:

"of the Odawara Soshu school. The smiths"

Page 143 first sentence is:

"find examples of their work on occasion. The"

Page 129 first sentence under PATTERN starts:

"ji-nie becomes yubashiri..."

Page 90 first sentence starts:

"Yukimitsu..."

Page 31 fifth sentence down contains a typo and reads:

"civil war, in which savages battles were fought".

S at end of "savages" does not belong. Only remember this because I read it not too long ago... :)

I tried to randomly pick things as well as pick things that might be 'pushed back' if new info was added. Hope it helps. If any other info would help, let me know.

May I ask if the drawings in the original are relatively dark (not black, but a darker grey) especially in the shinogiji areas of the drawings? They show a lot of detail, and there is quite a bit of contrast between the lighter and darker areas which I assume is supposed to highlight the details... but I have have also seen where 'copies of copes' do tend to get darker. I suppose this would take a side by side comparison.

EDIT: Sorry, meant shinogiji area, not mune...

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came yesterday. It is not different to the old one i have.

I paid 150 Dollar for the use old version. And now i get it new for 53,- EUR. What an ironie of time  :laughing:

But now it sold out on Amazon Germany. The cheapest one is now priced used/new with 68 EUR  :o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..